Tuesday, June 12, 2012

First Post

Hi, My name is Steve. I live in the Seattle area. I am looking for work in the IT world. I am putting together this blog to help me keep track of all the things I am doing and maybe do some networking with others.

A little about me first, I am trying to re-enter the IT world after a lengthy absence of about 9 years. I left Microsoft in 2003 to be part stay at home dad and part small business owner. My business is run mostly out of my house and has absolutely nothing to do with my former career, unfortunately. The kids have gotten to the age they no longer need me 7x24 and my business is not growing at the pace that my wife and I need for college tuition and retirement. We are both about 50 years old and obviously that will come into play as my job search progresses.

I am going to post about a variety of job searching techniques and methods to aid others at they come behind me. The trick will be to see if I can re-re-invent myself back to my former career in a time of high unemployment and a complete change in the way people are being hired.

No comments:

Post a Comment